Tuesday, June 10, 2014

That One Day

I’m not one of those girls who’s been planning her wedding since she was 10 years old. I’ve been engaged for about 7 years and am no closer to planning our nuptials than the day he proposed. I don’t believe that a man should have to spend a large portion of his income on an engagement ring, nor that a wedding should break anyone's bank. When we got engaged I painstakingly searched antique shops instead of jewelers for a ring so we wouldn’t be supporting the diamond industry, therefore avoiding inadvertently purchasing a blood diamond. What I’m trying to say is, I’m not a traditional bride-to-be. But when I recently stepped into Anthropologie and saw that they now have a bridal department, a tiny bit of princess woke up in me and thought, well, maybe it’s time to get married.


Sian Gown



Elsa Tulle Skirt



Emma Gown



Harlow Gown



No comments:

Post a Comment